Maintain year-round comfort in your home or business with environmentally friendly home insulation from True Blue Solar Shield. Our innovative product provides your structure with the ultimate barrier from the elements, making it easier for you to create a climate-controlled environment.
Update Your Insulation
Use our Eco-friendly product to cool your attic in the summer and keep it warmer in the winter. Because it’s 100% recycled cotton, it never loses its density and it has a 40% better R-Value than fiberglass, which makes it more efficient than fiberglass. In addition True Blue Solar Shield has acoustical qualities that will keep your home or business quieter.
The True Blue Solar Shield has a reflective aluminum solar shield to reflect the sun and heat. This construction allows it to keep your home or business cool in the summer and warm in the winter. Enjoy added structure safety with our insulation because it’s also fire retardant. It doesn’t contain toxic chemicals or fiberglass, so it won’t cause itching. Our Eco-friendly insulation has the features that make it the ideal alternative to traditional insulation.
Earth Friendly, Green Energy Insulation
Building green doesn’t just mean building energy-efficient homes; it also means using materials and designs that have the lowest possible impact on the environment. Insulation made from cotton is an ideal solution as cotton is an abundantly renewable energy source that can be replanted and harvested annually in a sustainable manner. In addition, most of the cotton that does into insulation comes from shredded denim scraps discarded by denim manufacturers, meaning that the insulation comes from renewable and recycled sources.
A Superior Radiant Barrier Insulation
Here are some key specs on what makes True Blue Solar Shield a superior insulation:
- Thermal acoustical reflective insulation.
- Made of a minimum 85% post-industrial recycled cotton.
- System R value of R-16 with reflective metallic insulation (aluminum) on one side.
- Made in the USA.
- Sound Transmission Class (STC) ratings show True Blue Solar Shield is unmatched in sound attenuation properties. Superior sound and noise insulation than traditional insulation like fiberglass and cellulose, reducing noise pollution.
- Contains no OSHA cancer warning, formaldehyde, glass fibers, or other chemicals identified with increased health concerns.
- Isn’t itchy to the touch like fiberglass insulation.
- A proprietary two-stage process infuses dry and liquid fire retardants, such as borate, providing permanent flame resistance.
- Retains shape and springs back after compression, unlike traditional fiberglass insulation, to retain R value and reflective properties.
- Reduces air movement and thus the “stack” effect in your attic.
- Passed ASTM C-739 tests for odor emission and fungi growth.
- It also carries a Class 1 fire rating as tested by ASTM E-84 and passes all moisture tests
True Blue Solar Shield provides homeowners with a multitude of benefits that will far exceed a 100% return on investment.
Save on Energy
Save on insulating your property with True Blue Solar Shield because it doesn’t cost any more than fiberglass panels. You will also save up to 40% on your energy bill. By reflecting solar solar energy that would normal enter your attic in the summer and trapping warmth that would normally escape in the winter. These insulation properties reduce the workload on your AC and heating system, providing a dramatic energy savings.
True Blue Solar Shield is the ultimate in green insulation because it’s made from recycled cotton. In fact, it contains 95% recycled content and it takes less energy to produce it than fiberglass. No other product on the market is like what we offer.
11-Point Energy Inspection Includes:
- The Attic – Ventilation, including Soffits, Existing Insulation, Reflective Insulation, HVAC System Duct Work, Entrance Cover
- Water Heater – Needs True Blue Water Heater Blanket, Temperature Setting
- True Blue Pipe Wrap
- Outlet Covers
- Light Bulbs – LED Recommended
- Attic Air Sealing
- Windows & Doors
- Garage Door
- Soffit System
Repel Solar Heat
True Blue Solar Shield integrates a layer of aluminum on one side of the insulation sheet that is installed outward towards your roof. This aluminum layer helps reflect solar radiant heat that passes through your roof initially, reflecting it back out through your roof instead of into your attic. Reflecting up to 97% of the solar radiation, this metallic insulative barrier presents a radiant barrier to the solar heat to dramatically increase energy efficiency and savings, unlike traditional fiberglass or blown installation.
Stay Warm in Winter
While a reflect layer of aluminum is integrated on the outward-facing side of True Blue Solar Shield, the inward-facing side is comprised of recycled cotton. This cotton layer helps trap heat that rises through your attic, reducing the heats ability to escape outside through your roof.
Keep Cool in the Summer
One of the biggest problems that homeowners face for energy efficiency is a hot attic in the summer. This heat radiate down into the home, increasing the requirements of your AC system to keep you cool and raising your energy cost significantly. Anyone can see this in their summer vs. winter electric bill. However, for those that have AC or heating equipment in their attic, this heat also puts a stress on this equipment, potentially shortening its lifespan. True Blue Solar Shield’s integrated aluminum layer helps repel this energy with up to 97% efficiency to keep your AC system from working overtime.